Founded in 1999 by Theatre Group Bombay (TG), India’s oldest English language theatre group, Thespo has been created to give young performers (under the age of 25) an opportunity to hone their talents, in the simulated environment of professional theatre. Giving teams the best infrastructure available, so that they can produce the best work possible. Guidance in terms of technical and dramatic knowledge is also provided to the teams.
From the humble beginnings of a one-act play festival, the movement has grown into a round the year activity - with Thespo at Prithvi happening on the first Tuesday and Wednesday of every month
THESPO – How you can get involved:
- Stage a Play: Any play on any topic. Must be at least 1 hour long.
- Informal performances: Short performances in a non-regular space are held before every show. (Includes mime, short plays, poetry reading, monologues, etc.)
- Attend a Workshop: Workshops each month conducted by eminent theatre veterans on a variety of topics.
- Design A Poster: Poster designing competition, where participants design posters for the short listed plays, which will be exhibited at the festival.
- Write an Article: Submitting an article on theatre for the brochure.
- Join Team Thespo: Design posters, sets, interior décor, work in PR, marketing, backstage, lighting, interact with theatre professionals, organize performances and a whole lot more.
For an overview of last years festival, watch the video here.
For further details: 2639 2688 /Join 'Thespo' group on Facebook/ firstname.lastname@example.org