Trinity Guildhall launched a new International Playwriting Competition.
The primary intentions of the competition are:
- To stimulate creativity and artistic enterprise across an inclusive international and multi-cultural constituency of participants on an affordable basis.
- To provide opportunities and encouragement for new, aspiring (and possibly established) writers to create plays for children and young people.
- To generate new drama repertoire for schools, colleges and children/ young people’s theatre companies and organisations.
- To acknowledge outstanding achievement in these areas by providing cash prizes and publishing and production opportunities for the winning entrants.
The competition is open to entrants from anywhere in the world.
Writers are asked to submit a one-act play intended for young audiences. There are two categories:
- for audiences of 11 and under
- for 12-16 year-olds
Writers can be of any age. Plays must be written in English.
Entries must be submitted either as an email attachment or hard copy by 1 July 2010.
For more details, Click here
NATIONAL SCHOOL OF DRAMA:
The National School of Drama, a central autonomous institution, fully funded by the Government of India, Ministry of Culture, invites applications for admission to its Three Year Diploma Course (full time - residential) in Dramatic Arts. The course starts from July 2010 and aims at training students to become professionals in the area of acting, design and other theatre related disciplines
For more details, Click Here.
FLAME SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS:
FLAME was founded in 2004 as a strong reaction against the rigidity, aridity and empty formalism of a syllabus-bound educational system led to a journey in pedagogic innovation. A desire was born, to enhance formal education with traditional knowledge through a progressive methodology. The pedagogical structure comprising the FSLE, FSB and FSC emerged after substantial discussions with distinguished intellectuals, scholars, philosophers and educationists. This structure is specifically designed to surmount the educational crisis in the contemporary scenario that insists on evaluating educational outcome in quantitative capsules.
This will be the first year of their performing arts programme.